7/22/26 Summer Attire in Norway
We have been reading about the terrible heat in the US this summer, so I thought I'd list what I've been wearing this summer in Norway. Let's take yesterday, for example. It was raining as we made the passage from Sorjerfjorden to Leka, north of Rorvik. We are at Latitude 65.26, about 65 miles south of the Arctic Circle, which is at 66.33.
Starting from the inside out - merino wool bikini underwear (don't knock them until you try them. I LOVE mine), hoodie base layer top, Eddie Bauer light fleece top, Patagonia sweater-style fleece top, Under Armor thick exercise pants, lined English hiking pants, Gill offshore rated bib rain pants, English Gull offshore foul weather jacket, Darn Tough wool socks, West Marine sea boots, a buff, gloves (I went through two pairs which got soaked so Nico and I resorted to sharing waterproof fisherman's gloves with a liner.) and to top it off, the thickest, most wonderful Norwegian fisherman's hat made by Devold. On days it is not raining, I eliminate the outer foul weather gear but sometimes wear light rain pants to cut the wind. I sound like a real influencer. Perhaps my readership will jump to over 50!
Here are some pretty pictures as we sail up the coast from Bergen to Bronnoysund
Typical views as we motored along
I don't know the name of this anchorage, but it was typical of several we stopped in for the night.
The famous Hornelen cliff
The town from the top of the hill that had 418 steps.
The old fish drying rack and an example of a sod roof.
Detail of the bell for an old school in Uthaug
Old school building in UthaugOur anchorage in Sorjerfjorden
A sculpture on one side and a climbing wall on the other in the town of Bronnoysund

No comments:
Post a Comment